Monday, June 27, 2022

Lack Of Health and Safety! At, Geo Re-Entry Services

 The Adventures Of The Count Of Monte Crypto

Lack Of Health and Safety! At, Geo Re-Entry Services


When I entered the facility initially it was the beginning of the global shutdown due to the corona virus epidemic. However even due to the stay at home order aimed at stopping the spread of the virus I was kept in close proximity with individuals who worked sanitation and or with the homeless population daily. At one point during my 1st stay from March 2020 through September 2020 in the 1st room I was assigned (with Alberto Guillen) the shower in that room had water (toilet or shower) dripping from the ceiling into the shower I was using. Which had gotten onto my body more than once when I was showering in there. From March 2020 through September 2020 I was assigned daily unpaid labor that usually involved me cleaning the 1st floor of the facility such as the laundry room, dining room, common area or the front lobby with little to no PPE. I was once forced out of bed at 6:30AM by one of the case managers who told me after waking me up “you need to get up my nig.” To begin cleaning the facility. For free. During the height of the pandemic. With only rubber gloves and a spray bottle. No mask.

Per GEO Re-Entry Services policy “any resident at any time may be asked to do a chore by a staff member.” A monitor by the name of Alex Omoko took full advantage of that rule routinely. One day stands out more than most is when Alex Omoko had saw me sitting downstairs after he had walked out of one of the 1st floor restrooms. Alex Omoko made a point to rub his stomach indicating he had just finished defecating. After making awkward eye contact he instructed me to immediately clean the restroom he had just finished using. This occurred when I was still under the supervision of the Bureau of Prisons and I became worried after he started using reverse psychology that I would be remanded back into custody for failing to obey his direct order. Conversely I was disgusted by the nature of the order not to mention the smell. To my everlasting shame I ended up cleaning the restroom. I once asked Alex Omoko what was his major in college and he proudly told me psychology. In hindsight it was not hard to tell as his actions when googled fit perfectly into the psy-op category. When he did the 10PM, 12AM, 2AM or 4AM “count” he would frequently flick the light switch on and off rapidly when I was sleeping. This behavior has been mimicked by the current staff who whenever I would go into the back area of the facility to smoke a cigarette they would also rapidly flick the lights outside on and off while I was out there. Also during my 1st say (March 2020 through September 2020) when I had no income coming in my hygiene was not in its best state. One “guest” suggested that I get my hair but by another “guest” on the 4th floor. When I arrived at the room it had a sign on the door stating the room was closed and its occupants had Covid-19. The only times I was tested for Covid-19 while at the GEO Re-Entry Services facility was on 5-22-2020 and 6-2-2020. Both times the entire facility filed down the stairs at the same time with no social distancing and we were tested in the common area. After both testing days I was expected to clean the common area that night as part of my daily unpaid labor.

On 2-17-21 I scheduled and attended an appointment at South East Health Center to get a thorough STD check. Before leaving prison in March of 2020 I did the same. The test results from the prison STD check came back with zero anomalies. After the 2-17-21 STD check and from being in the GEO Re-Entry Services facility from March 2020 until September 2020 the results came back positive for Hepatitis A antibodies. After the test Dr. Shira Shavit told me she is in constant communication with the facility director Maria Richards and I can and should complete any further visits via an iPad that is available at GEO Re-Entry Services. Again I do have to stress the etiquette or lack thereof by the individuals who were assigned to the rooms I was in. Stanley Williams Senior insisted that him and I share toilet paper. Neither Stanley Williams Senior nor Kelvin felt the need to wash or sanitize their hands. Stanley Williams Senior also worked primarily with the homeless population and in sanitation. Neither Stanley Williams Senior nor Kelvin would clean the space that we shared. If I didn’t clean the shower (out of choice as I did not nor do not want to live in squalor) then it would be nearly inhumane. The toilet was a huge sticking point. It was absolutely disgusting. Unless I cleaned the toilet myself before sitting down it would be covered in urine. No person should be forced to clean up the sort of messes I had to yet if I didn’t my roommates felt it was perfectly acceptable. The day that Kelvin decided to switch rooms earlier in the day he had used the restroom and refused to flush the toilet. The entire toilet was full when I went into the restroom. It looked like an overused porta potty after a sporting event or concert. This sort of behavior Kelvin felt was perfectly acceptable and normal. (Where did these guys do time at again?) After a while I stopped cleaning and the room reached homeless encampment levels. I would keep my things as clean as possible. However, the shower began accumulating black mold which it had inside of it until the day I left the facility on 1-25-22 and I was forced to use the shower daily. On 10-20-21 after bringing items that have previously been acceptable within the facility I had a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and sanitizing wipes confiscated upon entering the facility. I tried explaining it was to clean the room I was assigned (which was empty minus me). I was told I could not have those items and that I needed to return them to Target. The next day 10-21-21 when I went to leave the facility I inquired as to the whereabouts of the items since I was told the previous day that they would be at the monitors station so that I could return them. Only to find out they had been stolen by the GEO Re-Entry Services staff. When I found the needle lodged in my shoe on 10-9-21 before I realized what it was I tried removing it with my hand. Admittedly I am not from a big city and it took me a moment to realize what it was. Whenever I did notice it was in fact a needle I started panicking because the needle scratched my skin. It took me until 10-13-21 to get over to SF General to get a HIV and Hepatitis check. On 10-19-21 I was denied exit from the GEO Re-Entry Services facility to get the results by Michelle Daniel even though I put on the DAR it was for “HIV test results.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

 The Adventures Of The Count Of Monte Crypto End Of My Stay! At, GEO Re-Entry Services Part 2 The times my progression has been hinder shoul...