Monday, June 27, 2022

The Horror Show! At, Geo Re-Entry Services Part 2

 The Adventures Of The Count Of Monte Crypto

The Horror Show! At, Geo Re-Entry Services

Part 2


February 2,2021-January 25,2022

Arriving back at GEO Re-Entry Services on February 2,2021 was a huge shock for me. From the beginning I was adamant about wanting/needing an unoccupied room. I was quite clear on the fact that the last time I had to stay at GEO Re-Entry Services the behavior of the occupants and staff was extremely uncomfortable for me. I was told they would work on it and put me into a separate room to be quarantined. The quarantine room was with a “guest” and was a 23-hour lock down. I was forced to stay inside the room from 12AM until 11PM for two weeks. The hour I was let out of the room was only for either laundry or to smoke a cigarette in the back of the building. The staff, seeing that was one of the few freedoms I had, began to leave the door locked and make me beg for it to be opened. Multiple times I inquired about getting an unoccupied room and even after asking the program director and getting her approval on 2-7-21 the staff refused to honor the agreement. On 2-11-21 nine days after entering the facility again I was able to finally switch rooms. I thought things may have finally taken a turn for the better in a spacious room with a cable cord if I was able to get a TV and faced towards the street instead of in the middle of the facility with only “guests” rooms facing my window where if I opened the blinds the “guests” could literally see whatever I’m doing. On 2-15-21 at roughly 12:50AM I was woken up and told I needed to leave the room I was given. “Pack your stuff and head upstairs to the 3rd floor. You'll have a roommate, someone just got back from the ER and we need this room immediately. Per GEO Re-Entry Services policy if you go to the ER even if it’s for something non-Covid related you are placed on a 2-week quarantine (which has prevented me from getting immediate medical attention in the future as I did not want to be placed under a two week 24-hour solitary confinement. Again frustrated and confused I tried asking what happened to the agreement I had for an unoccupied room. Nothing was said or done regarding that, just simply “you need to leave immediately.” When I left the facility in September of 2020 that was the end of my prison sentence. From September 2020 until roughly September 2025 I am under the supervision of the United States Probation office. After gathering my things, I went and sat on the stairs leading up to the 3rd floor at roughly 1 o’clock in the morning. I had told myself over and over before returning that I would not allow the occupants of the GEO Re-Entry Services facility to do the same thing to me they did previously. However less than a month into my stay they just picked up where they had left off. The longer I sat on the stairs weighing the pros and cons of leaving the staff and “guests” got more vocal about what I was doing. I was again openly mocked by numerous people. Deciding against leaving I grabbed my things and went to the room I was at until the end of my GEO Re-Entry Services stay.

The roommate I was assigned was Alberto Guillen one of the same roommates I had during the 1st stay at GEO Re-Entry Services. His story was he went to county jail for 3 months and just recently had been released back to GEO. He alleged he had a federal case and was sent to FCI Phoenix whenever I first met him. He, like everyone else at GEO Re-Entry Services, began interrogating me regarding anything and everything. An example would be I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he would start asking me 21 questions about it, sadly that’s only a slight exaggeration.

I tried going back to GEO Re-Entry Services prepared. Among the things I brought with me were an iPod and earplugs. This was an attempt on my part to avoid any further psychological damage caused by the occupants. The other items I brought were clothes, shoes and books. Items I thought would aid me in finally being able to start progressing forward. After a week or so of my roommate trying and failing to get under my skin with the all too familiar antics and interrogation techniques he switched rooms. Only an hour later a man named Stanley Williams Senior entered and he would be my roommate from March 2021 until August of 2021.

I knew from the beginning Stanley Williams Senior and I would not be a great fit. Within the first few days after him repeatedly undressing in front of me he removed all his clothing, stood in the middle of the room and started shouting about how he was comfortable with his sexuality. I submitted no fewer than 4 separate room change requests, none of them were honored by the GEO Re-Entry Services staff. From the 1st day until the day Stanley Williams Senior left he would repeatedly attempt to test my boundaries. After his naked rampage he started interrogating me over why I chose not to share toilet paper with him. According to him, since he and I aren’t in prison it was somehow normal behavior for him and I to share a toilet paper roll instead of us both using separate ones. Inside the room he and I were occupying there was no lock or handle on the door leading to the restroom its slide to close. When you slide the door closed it doesn’t fully close there is a gap that points towards the shower. Stanley Williams Senior has/had walked into the restroom when I was sitting down using the toilet and would sit in a chair near the door whenever I would shower.  After about two weeks or so Stanley Williams Senior gets hired through the facility at Civic in early April of 2021. Again same story “its easy work I just sit there.”

My 2nd stay at GEO Re-Entry Services I was finally able to leave the facility albeit not consistently. And even if the facility was not providing any assistance with any of the hurdles you face post incarceration or employment opportunities for actual felons I would still attempt to better myself in other ways. I started calling hospitals and dentists to make sure my body was running at an optimal state. On 4-9-21 I went to get my molars removed. After the procedure the Novocain was wearing off and I needed to get the ibuprofen the dentist prescribed. I went to the lobby and spoke with one of the only case managers available at the time, a woman named Timilehin Tope Oguhlusi (or Timi for short). Even though my face was severely swollen and she saw that I was in excruciating pain she told me she would not authorize me to get my prescription from the pharmacy. Dejected, I went back upstairs to try and sleep it off. However, the problem was quickly exacerbated when Stanley Williams Senior began to kick the bottom bunk over and over whenever I went to lay down for no apparent reason.

The room I was assigned was not near the back of the building however whenever Stanley Williams Senior would leave to go to work he would repeatedly slam his locker at 4AM. Since I returned to GEO Re-Entry Services after being at home I had most of my most treasured belongings. Things I have accumulated throughout the years and gifts from my wife. After being at the facility for two months or so I started consolidating my items and selling them to pawn shops to buy essential items for myself such as deodorant, shampoo and other hygiene products. It was not only disheartening but shameful to have to visit pawn shops to support myself. Once I did have income coming in the items I did manage to hold onto I started to notice were being damaged. Clothing I had never worn was stained, my shoes started separating, I found holes in some of my clothing, my iPod stopped charging, one of my watches had the links removed from the band thus shrinking it, my clothing would shrink after walking away from it in the laundry room due to the settings being changed, my food would run out quicker than I was consuming it, I even had a bottle of shampoo that after using it left a severe chemical burn across the front of my head. As Stanley Williams Senior spent more and more time in the facility and out in the community he began to get progressively more confident in the things he was doing. On more than one occasion he threatened me with acts of violence. “If we weren’t here I would beat your a**” or “Shut up before I knock your a** out” the most egregious was when he asked “what time do you leave the building I’m going to have someone come meet you.” These sorts of threats usually were on the heels of him trying to exert his dominance and or trying to force me to emasculate myself in some way, shape or form. An example would be one day he came back from work and said “I’ve been at work all day you need to clean up this room.” After I refused saying that he and I are both men and I refuse to clean up after a grown man the situation grew progressively more toxic. Another situation that stands out was when Stanley Williams Senior started shouting about how he read my (C-File?) and began hurling derogatory terms and assumptions about my base and charges with no basis of fact. After a few months I also started to notice I would wake up with less clothing then I went to sleep with. I had the suspicion that Stanley Williams Senior was going through the items in my locker, duffel bags and on my bunk. So I started sleeping with my wallets inside of my pocket. The pocket itself had a zipper on it yet I would wake up with some of my clothing removed, my earplugs taken out and my wallets would be lying next to my head. I again went to the staff and tried to have a discussion with them regarding Stanley Williams Senior stating that he was in the room him and I share harassing me and going through my personal belongings. My concerns were minimalized and dismissed. Nothing was done about it which in turn empowered Stanley Williams Senior further. The etiquette within the room itself was not normal by any standards. Routinely Stanley Williams Senior would use the restroom without closing the door then refuse to wash his hands and start touching communal items such as the light switches, door knobs and or lockers. One time after defecating he made a point of touching the faucet without running the water, then touching the door knob and light switches while staring at me. Again without washing his hands. I tried as hard as I could to not say anything to the man after the “I’ll knock your a** out” conversation but even then he found ways to bait me into confrontation. Towards the end of Stanley Williams Senior’s tenure at GEO Re-Entry Services during the 10PM “count” I was looking inside of my locker for something. The monitor opened the door and I just so happened to look behind me and saw Stanley Williams Senior masturbating while watching me go through my locker while I was in my pajamas. Once the door opened Stanley Williams Senior got scared and removed his hands from his genitals but for me the damage was done. Even after all the threats, theft, my items being damaged and Stanley Williams Senior sexually harassing me he was allowed to remain in the room with me. With no repercussions until the end of his tenure at GEO Re-Entry Services.

For roughly a week or so I had the room to myself. It was a welcome reprieve to wake up with all my clothing on and not to be harassed or berated on a near daily basis. That ended when the 2nd to last roommate I had was assigned to the room Stanley Williams Senior had recently left. From the 1st day Kelvin and I met (not to be confused with the case manager Kelvin Amorighoye) I tried letting him know that I had a pretty good idea what the “guests” are taught while on tenure at GEO Re-Entry Services and the sort of psychological tactics they’re told to employ to achieve the results they so desperately desire. I even went as far as to say that “I’ll be the easiest celly you ever have, I mind my business, I’m not nosy and don’t want to know about your case.” Although he agreed just as had happened with every other person I’ve met at GEO Re-Entry Services the same behaviors began to surface. Snoring obnoxiously loud the second the light goes off at night, kicking or shaking the bed to wake me up every 2 hours during “count time”, and undressing in front of me instead of going inside of the restroom. Also more of my personal items began getting damaged, stolen or seized. More times than less when Stanley Williams Senior was my roommate, whenever Kelvin and I shared a room I would wake up with my pillow on the ground, the blanket removed from my body and my clothing removed. On 10-3-21 I awoke to find my pillow was placed over my groin area, on 10-28-21 my pillow was placed between my legs while I was sleeping. I attempted to solve the noise issue during the late night hours by purchasing melatonin. I also had a health condition so it was a two-part fix. Even still I would wake up every two hours during the 10PM, 12AM, 2AM and 4AM “count times” either through the bunk kick/shake combination or with the light being turned on at 3AM when Kelvin would leave for work. As with Stanley Williams SeniorKelvin became more and more confident with the tactics he was encouraged to use as more time went by without any sort of repercussions from the GEO Re-Entry Services staff; he like all the roommates I’ve had before and after him were given free rein to continually push the proverbial envelope. One day during a fire drill he ran back upstairs, removed his pants and sat on the toilet with the door open. I had no idea he was in the room let alone the restroom and needed to use the restroom myself. Only to see him sitting on the toilet with his pants and underwear removed. On 9-30-21 I noticed my Beats headphones were damaged despite me never using them and the same day my soda was spiked with a foreign substance. On 10-1-21 my Black Cement Jordan 3’s suddenly started separating, on 10-3-21 the same pair of shoes started cracking and became further damaged even though I was not wearing the shoes at all. One of my examples of my former roommates continually pushing the envelope. On 10-9-21 another pair was further damaged and a needle was lodged into the sole of the shoe. 10-16-21 yet another pair was damaged and 11-12-21 the band on one of my watches was damaged beyond repair rendering it unwearable until its fixed. My face sponge would routinely find its way onto the floor. The streets of San Francisco are many things but clean is not a synonym anyone would use to describe them. Seeing how disgusted whenever anything of mine found its way onto the floor both Stanley Williams Senior then eventually Kelvin would both throw my belongings such as my face sponge, pillow, blanket, or clothing onto the floor whenever I was asleep. On 9-26-21 around 2PM Kelvin and I had a conversation regarding the staff. He went on to tell me that the staff does in fact conspire and plot amongst themselves sometimes with the “guests” to bait reactions out of me, harass or belittle me on a routine basis. On 10-23-21 I came back to the facility to find my locker broken into. By this time, I placed a lock with a key on the locker I was assigned yet it was damaged in a way that indicated someone tried to cut through the lock using some sort of heavy duty tools. Upon opening the locker, I saw that only three items were seized. The two chargers I used for my iPod and Beats headphones and a combination lock I had forgotten the combination to. Still to this day there has been no explanation regarding the damaged lock, seized items also no confiscation slip and the damaged lock was left on the locker at the GEO Re-Entry Services facility. (The damaged lock was left inside of GEO Re-Entry Services whenever I eventually left at 7:05AM on 1-25-22 as its federal property. I could not take the lock since it was still attached to the opening mechanism on the locker itself.) As with nearly every “guest” I have come in contact with in the GEO Re-Entry Services facility Kelvin’s story never quite matched up. On 11-8-21 at around 1:40PM I awoke to Kelvin kicking the bunk to wake me up. He then proceeds to have a loud conversation with someone discussing the fact he allegedly had been charged with a new federal crime but somehow was being allowed to stay in the community instead of being remanded back into custody. On 11-17-21 at the 10PM count he told me he decided to switch rooms. This ended his stay in the room I was assigned until the day I left the GEO Re-Entry Services facility on 1-25-22. This ended his stay in the room I’m still currently in but not the facility. From late august until 11-17-21 Kelvin was allowed to sexually harass me, damaged and steal my items just as Stanley Williams Senior did before him.

Whenever Kelvin left the gap between him and the next roommate I was assigned was not as easy. I would still wake up with my blanket removed, pillow on the floor, my earplugs and my clothing removed. There are “counts” at 10PM, 12AM, 2AM, and 4AM where the staff would open the door and inspect the room. It is my honest opinion that the staff and or other “guests” would do what my other roommates had done and touch me or my things while I was asleep. On 1-13-22 I woke up and saw a GEO Re-Entry Services staff member standing in the doorway of the room I was assigned around 2AM staring at me watching me sleep. I still took the melatonin to try and get a good night’s sleep and block out the noise of the other occupants. However, the same things kept happening on a consistent basis. Around late November of 2021 the last roommate I’ve had at GEO Re-Entry Services was assigned to the room I was in. I tried a different approach and told the man. “I’ve been here for over a year cumulatively. I’ve seen what you’re taught to do and I’d prefer if we just not talk.” He wasted no time starting in on me. First was the obnoxiously loud snoring the moment the light went off. I did what I usually did and took melatonin to help myself sleep. After an hour or so I awoke to him stomping on the top bunk and a plastic bag on my torso. Confused but upset I went downstairs to the lobby and had a brief discussion with one of the night monitors Reggie. What I said essentially was that eventually one of these people that GEO RE-Entry Services recruits and trains is going to severely hurt someone thinking it makes them look tough and that it’ll help them to further their new career. Also that I woke up and found a plastic bag on my bed which for me was a step too far. “I’m not asking you to kick him out, I'll move my stuff to an unoccupied room.” Due to Reggie’s quick actions and his level of concern about the situation my needs were immediately addressed. After confirming that I would be ok until 5AM he said he’d handle it. 5AM the man inside of the room I was in “awoke” without his shirt on and asked for me to hand it to him. It was on my bunk inside of my covers. Since that day forth I did not have any other roommates. Yet my items would still come up missing and at times my clothing would be removed, my pillow would be on the ground or my blanket would be removed from my body. However, where these sort of things were an everyday occurrence it would then only happen sporadically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The Adventures Of The Count Of Monte Crypto End Of My Stay! At, GEO Re-Entry Services Part 2 The times my progression has been hinder shoul...