Monday, June 27, 2022

Seeking Legal Aid! At, Geo Re-Entry Services

 The Adventures Of The Count Of Monte Crypto

Seeking Legal Aid! At, Geo Re-Entry Services

                During and since my 1st stay from March of 2020 until September of 2020 I knew the behavior of the staff and its “guests” was unacceptable. But still being under the supervision of the Bureau of Prisons and due to the fact I was not being allowed to leave the GEO Re-Entry Services premises for any reason my options were limited. One time during my 1st stay I did sit down and start writing a letter to the Bureau of Prisons. After several pages I decided against it thinking that GEO Re-Entry Services would retaliate against me for seeking legal counsel as they had and have done since. After the 7-12-21 incident where Michelle Daniel berated, mocked, and belittled me before “writing me up” I decided to actively search for legal assistance for the abuses that would frequently happen to me while inside the GEO Re-Entry Services facility and sometimes out in the community by the GEO Re-Entry Services staff and “guests.” I have attempted to speak with the federal public defender I was assigned during my court proceedings on several different occasions. But due to the Corona virus epidemic most people are still working remotely from home so I was not able to get in contact with her on a consistent basis. Ihave attempted to contact her via telephone from the phone that was located at the monitors station in the front lobby of the GEO Re-Entry Services facility. Each time that I did several “guests” and GEO Re-Entry Services staff would stand a few feet away from me or pick up one of the other phones in the facility and listen to what I was saying. Although most times I would only be able to reach the voicemail of the federal public defender one of the few times I did manage to speak with her on the phone about 5 minutes into the conversation the phone I was using at the monitors station inexplicably hung up while she was still talking. About a week or so later I called back and managed to set a date and time for her and I to meet. During the conversation I tried explaining what was going on within the walls of the GEO Re-Entry Services facility but couldn’t bring myself to go in depth. The fear of reprisal was too great and even still to this day I am in constant fear of a more severe form of retaliation from either the staff of the GEO Re-Entry Services facility or the “guests” they have recruited. Nearly every time I do something they don’t approve of such as go to the library and type out this letter or work on the packets I am currently trying to finish and send they find subtle ways to retaliate against me. By the time this is completed and sent I fear an extremely severe form of retaliation from the aforementioned individuals under the GEO Re-Entry Services umbrella.

                I have tried multiple times before September 2021 to seek legal counsel. However due to GEO Re-Entry Services intricate surveillance equipment and the amount of information I had to provide to leave the facility I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that GEO Re-Entry Services has contracted the entities I have attempted to visit and used the power they wield to dissuade any potential legal professionals from assisting me. The times I kept records of trying to speak with legal counsel nearly every time from September 2021 to the current date whenever I put the address for the local library the passes are denied or edited with half the time that I requested by Michelle Daniel. The email I’m currently using was created with the help of Hospitality House password and all. I have been cagey about changing the password to the email even though I have no doubt that individuals from GEO Re-Entry Services routinely keep track of the activity within the email. After what happened with the cell phone a big fear of mine is if the password is changed GEO Re-Entry Services will retaliate against me yet again by attempting to pin a new charge on me. “Don’t want us to access your email? Ok. Well, we’ll just give you new charges.” Just like the cell phone they knew that I had the phone. I asked permission for the phone to my then case manager Indira Menken. I was searched everyday coming into the facility under several visible cameras. I was monitored on the non-visible cameras placed inside of the room I was assigned. Yet once the GEO Re-Entry Services staff and its “guests” saw that I was getting job opportunities and starting to move forward they saw the grip start to slip on the micromanagement of my life and seized the cell phone. Once I said I wanted to speak with legal counsel after the 7-12-21 incident with Michelle Daniel, Maria Richards the facility director or Michelle Daniel who were in possession of the seized phone for over a month gave the phone to my probation officer which in turn resulted in my probation being violated. Whenever the cell phone I had was seized it was sent to the FBI who was the agency that arrested me. I was told that the FBI would do a thorough search of the phone to determine if anything illicit was ever accessed on the phone. So in turn GEO Re-Entry Services and those “in the know” already know the sorts of browsing behavior I had while using the phone.

                On 9-28-21 when my wallet was stolen I had already tried to contact the federal public defender who represented me several times. Her number was the one inside of my wallet that was stolen along with the numbers to various civil and human rights groups. The action was intentional, yet another attempt by the GEO Re-Entry Services staff and “guests” to try and sabotage anything I have tried to accomplish. 9-29-21 at 10:49AM I was directly denied exit from the GEO Re-Entry Services facility to speak with legal aid due to Michelle Daniel not approving the DAR I had filled out. 10-12-21 I spoke with a local lawyer who told me I’m better served speaking with the federal public defender. This was after trying to contact him several times previously from the GEO Re-Entry Services phone at the monitors station. (Perhaps another sabotage attempt by GEO Re-Entry Services?) 10-14-21 after being denied exit from the facility due to Michelle Daniel not approving the DAR I submitted I left a message with Liberty Law asking if I would be able to come in to their office and speak with them in person. After leaving the message I submitted a DAR to go their location the following day. 10-15-21 I was denied exit to speak with Liberty Law at 9AM 10-15-21 due to Michelle Daniel not approving the DAR I had submitted. Over the next week I decided perhaps it would be better to try speaking with human rights groups regarding my situation. 10-24-21 at 9AM I started calling the numbers I had found online. However, I only managed to reach the voicemail of the numbers I tried contacting. Later that day 10-24-21 and into 10-25-21 the phone at the monitors station stopped dialing out of the facility then was replaced with a phone with a much larger screen that clearly displayed the number being dialed and saved the previously dialed numbers into the phones memory. On 10-25-21 at 11AM while attempting to go to the Concentra physical therapy appointment I had scheduled I was met outside by my probation officer who searched me asking if I had a cell phone in my possession then after confirming that I didn’t told me that Michelle Daniel does not want me having access to the internet or being allowed to go to the library. Although the demand was vetoed by my probation officer Michelle Daniel and the GEO Re-Entry Services staff was undeterred and continually refused to approve the DAR’s that I submitted.

                The court ordered counseling I have is split into two separate sections but under the same umbrella and roof. I have an individual therapist who I see every other week. Then I have a group counseling which is comprised of individuals that are currently or former GEO Re-Entry Services residents. One of the individuals in the group counselling sessions is none other than Kelvin my former roommate. One of the assignments for the group is to write out essentially a confession of any alleged previous crimes and read them aloud to the group. “This assignment provides you the opportunity to tell your personal life story. An autobiography of your life from early childhood to the present time. The purpose of this assignment is to help us to get to know you better, including your strengths and prior challenges. (sic)…please write about your life. There are no right or wrong answers. You may want to include information about: Childhood and family; relationships with friends and family; romantic and intimate relationships; sexual history; substance use history; legal history, hobbies, interests, and leisure activities, and anything else you think would help us to understand you better.”

                After my privacy and rights were trampled on by my locker being broken into and ransacked on 10-28-21 with no explanation of why or by who I attempted to contact the ACLU. I tried to avoid being intimidated by the GEO Re-Entry Services staff and its “guests” by starting to place the calls from the phones at Restaurant Depot when I was still an employee there. That didn’t help much either as they would also sit and listen in to the conversations when placed from the office phones or whenever I called from a phone in the produce department other phones in the store would get picked up by individuals during the length of my conversations. On 11-2-21 I spoke with a representative at the ACLU office at 2PM. After that day my supervisor Cindy would balk whenever I would ask to use the phone. Same as Cindy did when I was asking for my paycheck the day I ended up injuring myself on 9-4-21 Cindy would tell me she didn’t think the phone I was asking to use didn’t work or just flat out refuse to let me use the store phone. 11-3-21 at 9:10AM Michelle Daniel told me she would no longer approve any further passes for work at either Restaurant Depot or The Chase Center. Later that day on 11-3-21 I sent an email with a few pages of documents related to my situation as well as a brief summary of my legal issues. As I was becoming more motivated to try and seek legal counsel the situation within the GEO Re-Entry Services facility and Restaurant Depot got progressively worse. On 11-8-21 I placed several calls attempting to find a lawyer to speak with. But much to the glee of the “guests” and GEO Re-Entry Services staff who were monitoring the calls I was unsuccessful. Every time GEO Re-Entry Services did allow me to leave the GEO Re-Entry Services facility to speak with legal counsel I got the feeling that they already knew what happened because whenever I would return dejected the “guests” and GEO Re-Entry Services staff would have a look of triumph whenever I came back to the facility unsuccessful.

                Currently I have been working on several packets of documents relating to this issue which is currently over 175 pages. Due to the illegal monitoring system within the GEO Re-Entry Services facility they’ve been tracking my progress and attempting to hinder any attempts to finish compiling the information I have. More than once documents I had would come up missing when I would leave them unattended to the point I started carrying 5 separate USPS priority mail envelopes filled each one filled with the 175 pages of documents with me wherever I would go to prevent any further evidence from being destroyed or stolen. Despite my probation officer and I coming to an agreement on 1-13-22 to let me out of the facility to job search and look for some form of housing before my exit from the GEO Re-Entry Services facility. Michelle Daniel refused to approve 6 different passes from 1-14-22 through 1-25-22 the day I was released from the GEO Re-Entry Services facility. Despite Michelle Daniel and the GEO Re-Entry Services staff knowing that I had no savings, income or housing Michelle Daniel and the GEO Re-Entry Services Staff up until the day I left the GEO Re-Entry Services facility would continually conspire, plot and eventually successfully sabotaged my attempts to secure any form of assistance for myself. Michelle Daniel and the GEO Re-Entry Services staff has since the day I stepped foot in the facility placed me in an impossible situation they saw would have no chance of success for me. Once I was able to begin moving forward then began the sabotage.  

    Around the middle of April 2022 I managed to cold call a community outreach group by the name of Root and Rebound located in Oakland. I found out about this program through cold calling various community outreach groups attempting to get assistance with housing as well as information regarding the legality of the heinous acts committed against me while a resident at two programs in San Francisco.

    Before I mentioned the legal questions I was treated to gift cards that really helped me while being homeless on the streets of San Francisco. After which I did open up to one of the people who worked for the company about the abhorrent behavior exhibited towards me while in the various programs in SF. Eventually it came to feel like the gift cards as an opener was more of a bribe to "get me to talk".     I discussed at length with supporting documents my life as a whole from early 2020 until current and although I felt like I was making progress and would finally find a sense of peace regarding the situation unfortunately I never did. I was constantly asked for information regarding my current location and actions while being given false hope regarding housing.     After enough times of "playing ping pong" or "chasing my tail" I decided it was best just to let it go.     When discussing any potential legal claims against the individuals in San Francisco some assurances were made but never followed through on. At one point I was told nearly everything I had documented was circumstantial and that (Root and Rebound) could easily see how the administration in San Francisco could easily look the other way when it came to me for various reasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 The Adventures Of The Count Of Monte Crypto End Of My Stay! At, GEO Re-Entry Services Part 2 The times my progression has been hinder shoul...